Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

I must first extend my apologies for slacking off with my blog over the last few weeks. However, I am certain you will be glad to know why I have not posted anything other than my fundraising tips. The last few weeks have been wonderfully hectic - exhausting and exciting at the same time. There have been several fundraisers each week, which explains why I have forgotten my Tuesday’s Tips and why tip #7 is a highly caffeinated drink from Starbucks.

The support has been amazing. We have held a golf tournament and a 5K run, Cookbook Release Parties and Happy Hours in Manhattan, along with several meetings, lunches and gatherings all to benefit BULA.

We have been zigzagging our way from Long Island through Pennsylvania and D.C. all the way to Virginia and back (in two days) spreading the word about BULA as we go. Friends and family members are pulling together to help us host these events and to sell our products in anticipation of our return to Uganda on January 9th.

Throughout the next few days I will let you know about each of these events and what else is happening to make up for my deficiency in blogging, get you caught up on the last few weeks and keep everyone informed about the month prior to our departure.

No comments: